The Mission of the Garfield Heights Senior Center is to provide a range of services, activities and volunteer opportunities which promote independence for older persons.
The Garfield Heights Senior Center is located in The Civic Center, 5407 Turney Road and is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (except holidays). For details, contact Senior Center Coordinator Kathy Rush-Parsson at 216-475-3244, fax 216-475-3257 or email email@example.com.
Kathy Rush-Parsson, LSW, Senior Center Coordinator
Laketia Gaston, Administrative Assistant
Daily Lunch Program
***Due to meal allocation funding cuts, The Garfield Heights Senior Center no longer will serve lunches on Fridays. The funding reduction was made by the Western Reserve Area Agency on Aging. For information about the senior lunch program or to make a reservation, call 216-475-3244.***
- Available to residents of Cuyahoga County 60 years of age or older
- Hot lunches served Monday through Thursday at 11:30 a.m.
- Cost: $1.25 donation - reservations are required please call one week in advance
- Nutrition information
- Transportation to/from The Civic Center for Garfield Heights residents
- Published in the monthly Senior Hi-Lites and on the bulletin board
Blood Pressure Checks
- Second Wednesday of every month from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Every 2nd Thursday of the month
Post Office on Wheels
- 4th Tuesday of every month 9:30 a.m. (posted on the calendar in the Hi-Lites Newsletter)
- Assessment by a Social Worker (LSW)
- Homebound meals (Federally funded program)
- Water and sewer discounts (Homestead & Disability)
- Homestead exemption
- HEAP - Ohio Energy Assistance (discounts for gas, October to March)
- Home maintenance loans/grants
- Free income tax assistance provided by trained AARP volunteers
- Call in January to schedule your appointment
Sponsored by the City of Garfield Heights. The Food Bank is available to income-qualifying residents on the third Wednesday of every month, between the hours of 1:00 - 2:00 p.m and the third Thursday of every month between the hours of 6:00-7:00 p.m.
All activities are held at the Senior Center, 5407 Turney Road, Garfield Heights. Yearly registration is required.
For a complete list of activities with descriptions, days, and any associated costs, please click here.
- Transportation is provided by the City of Garfield Heights for residents 60 years of age or older or those who have disabilities. Transportation is available within established geographic boundaries. Reservations are required at least 24 hours in advance. Priority is given for dialysis patients and medical appointments. The service that is provided is curb-to-curb (riders must be able to board and deboard independently with minimal assistance). All buses are wheelchair accessible.
- To register, schedule a ride or for more information, call the Senior Center at 216-475-3244.