- Held on the second and fourth Monday of every month beginning at seven o'clock
- Civic Center
5407 Turney Road
City Council Chambers
Garfield Heights, Ohio 44125
City Council holds a caucus session at 6:30 pm prior to each meeting. City Council may schedule additional meetings to handle city business matters with 24-hour notice to the public.
Recorded meetings of the Garfield Heights City Council are shown on local government access channels seven days a week.
Meetings can also be viewed on our Garfield Heights YouTube channel.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas and legislation to be considered at each meeting are posted the Friday prior to the meeting at public locations throughout the city:
- Civic Center/Senior Center, 5407 Turney Road
- Garfield Heights Justice Center, 5555 Turney Road
- Boulevard Convenient, 8808 Garfield Boulevard
- Garfield Heights Regional Library, 5409 Turney Road
- Munchies / Direct Wireless, 4561 East 131st Street
- The City of Garfield Heights website
Minutes are available following approval.
City Council is comprised of seven members elected by wards, serving for a term of two years.
(Pictured left to right: Clifford Kelley, Jennifer Newrones, Mayor Burke, Mark Smith, Dr. Tenisha Mack, Stacey Collier, Lottie Overby, Avery Johnson, and Rachelle Tonsing)
City Council is the legislative branch of government and its powers are as follows:
- Propose and vote on legislation that affects the City's laws
- Regulate expenditures, revenues, and purchases for the City
- Undertaking of public improvements
- Levying of assessments
- Execution of contracts
- Sale and disposal of municipal-owned property
- Zoning regulations