Rubbish may be placed on the tree lawn for pick-up after 6 pm the evening before the scheduled pick-up day from April 1st to October 31st and after 4 pm from November 1st to March 31st. Residential rubbish only.
If you are unsure of your scheduled rubbish pick-up day, please call the Service Department at 216-475-3373.
The following holidays will be observed New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. If a holiday falls on a weekday, your rubbish and recyclables will be collected the day after your regular pick-up day. If the holiday falls on the weekend, normal pick-up will not be interrupted.
- Do not put rubbish on the treelawn before 6 pm on the evening immediately preceding the day for refuse collection.
- You must remove the waste containers from the front yard within 12 hours of collection.
- Secure or tie the container/bag.
- You are responsible for picking up any waste that blows out of your waste container/bag or was disturbed by an animal.
- Waste containers or waste/refuse not in containers must be placed in the rear of all houses or other buildings
- The City will not pick up commercial rubbish. If you have rubbish from a construction project or because you are moving out, you must use a dumpster.
Items for Pick Up
Kimble Recycling and Disposal will pick up:
- Leaves that are bagged
- Mattresses and box springs - must be wrapped in plastic and secured with tape
- Paint will be picked up - put cat litter or sawdust inside the can to soak up paint - place the paint can in an open box with the lid off
- Refrigerators - you must take off the door(s)
Tree branches may be placed on the lawn for pick-up. You must:
- Cut to 4 feet in length (branches that are longer will not be picked up).
- Tied and Bundled with rope
- Cannot weigh more than 40 pounds
Items Not Picked Up
If you are rehabbing a house, you must use a dumpster. (Construction debris will not be picked up).
Rubbish pick up services are provided by Kimble Recycling and Disposal
Please call 216-475-3373 (Administrative Offices) or 216-475-1107 (Service Garage) if rubbish and recyclables are not picked up.