In addition to fire fighting and emergency medical services, the Fire Department provides many services including fire safety inspections, public education and other services such as pulse readings.
- Emergency Preparedness - if residents need information how to prepare for an emergency at their house/business, please contact the Garfield Heights Fire Prevention Bureau at 216-475-4053.
- Periodic inspections of commercial buildings
- Inspections of residences, upon request
- Carbon monoxide presentations for groups
- Fire safety presentations for groups, schools, etc.
- Fire extinguisher training for employers, groups, individuals, etc.
- Carbon monoxide (CO) investigations for residences or businesses
The Garfield Heights Fire Department has two stations.
Neighbors by Ring Application
The Fire Department is excited to join the "Neighbors by Ring" app in efforts to provide fire safety best practices in our Community.
This application will allow the Garfield Heights Fire Department to inform the community of real-time incidents and safety events so you can always stay informed. The Neighbors by Ring app also allows you, the user, to see something or share something directly with Garfield Heights Fire Department.
You do not need Ring devices to participate, anyone with any camera system can upload content to the Neighbors by Ring app!. We are encouraging everyone to spread the word out to the community about the Neighbors by Ring App. To download please text "jointoday" to 555888.
Summer is close, and so is having outdoor fires. We would like to remind you to be courteous to your neighbors. Some neighbors may have respiratory problems and may not be able to tolerate the smoke, others sleep with their windows open. Please take into consideration the time of day when enjoying your fire.